1. Continuous learning
- English Language Competence (16 units à 45 min)
- Intercultural Communication (16 units à 45 min)
2. Practical training
- Conception and realization of a course in English at the department 02 (min. 1 SWS)
- Lecture in the context of the lecture series CRiSS - Contemporary Research in Social Science (incl. student feedback, 2 units of 45 min) or equivalent lecture
- Conducting an English-language course abroad (min. 8 units) or two English-language lectures (15 min each) abroad or at international conferences or a combination of a course abroad of 4 units and a lecture of 15 min each
3. Reflective work
- Final written personal reflection (approx. 1000 words)
Applying for the Certificate
In order to receive the certificate, please send all required evidence (confirmations of participation in further education and listing of the required teaching experiences with title, date and place of the events or lectures) together with the final reflection to: email@example.com
We will also be happy to advise you personally on suitable continuing education opportunities, funding opportunities, possibilities for extra-curricular teaching in English at the faculty and participation in the CRiSS ring lecture.
Contact person is Dr. Barbara Müller.
Further training and funding opportunities
Continuing education opportunities for individuals at JGU
- General Doctoral College (APK) – for doctoral students
- Auf dem Weg in die Wissenschaft – für Post Docs
- Program for Female Young Scientists (ProWeWin) – also open to male participants on a limited basis
- Human Resources Development General Offer (included learning opportunities: languages and communication, teamwork and self-management).
Training opportunities for groups at JGU
- Special courses for certificate candidates can, in principle, be provided by Human Resources Development if there is sufficient demand. Please register your demand with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collegial Coaching (ZQ) – A tailor-made training program for groups, individual attendance is partly possible.
External continuing education programs
- The Higher Education Didactics Program of the University Evaluation Network RLP is a cross-university program whose courses offers are free of charge for all teachers at JGU (as well as at the other participating universities). The course program also includes events such as "Teaching in English" or "Diversity in Teaching".
Within the framework of the Erasmus Staff Training Program , Staff Training Weeks (STW) are held at various universities abroad, in which JGU staff can participate and receive financial support. Some STW offer English language courses or focus on topics such as intercultural communication for teachers.
The recognition of other externally completed courses is possible in principle.
Funding opportunities for guest lectureships or lectures abroad
- Erasmus Visiting Lectureship (Dept. INT)
- Promotion of internationality for doctoral students and employees (Research and Technology Transfer Office)
- Short stays abroad for young researchers in the social sciences and humanities (GNK - Gutenberg Nachwuchskolleg)
- Promotion and placement of short and long-term lectureships at foreign universities (DAAD - Deutscher Akademischer Austauschsdienst)